You may think that using a washing machine is simple and you know everything about it. But it is not so. No matter how many times we use a washing machine, it is possible that we make some mistakes. Now, there are so many liquid detergents available in the market. So, which is the best liquid detergent? And what is the correct way to use it? Before moving on with the best detergents, we must know the importance of using a washing machine properly. Knowing how to use a washing machine includes doing laundry correctly with a liquid detergent, ways of using a powder detergent, etc. Below are the tips for using a washing machine powder in a washing machine.
How to Use liquid Detergent in Washing Machine
Well, our washing machines have a detergent drawer in which we can pour the detergent. If you don’t know where the drawer is, then you must have a look at your instruction manual regarding the same. Here are the ways that will help you understand the ways of using a liquid detergent in washing machines.
- The area of pouring the liquid detergent in the washing machine depends upon the detergent you are using. Well, it is best to put the detergent directly in the drum.
- The liquid detergent can also be used as a pre-treatment. Just rub some detergent on the stained area and leave it for some time. Rinse the stains under running water.
- It is best to check the instructions given at the back of every bottle every time you wash your clothes.
Liquid detergent helps in removing stains effectively. But one question arises here, i.e., how much detergent should be used for one wash cycle. Well, there are certain points to take into consideration. Here are some key points that will help you in determining how much detergent must be used.
- The first thing to do is check the instructions on the liquid detergent pack to know the optimal dose required for washing.
- Know how much your clothes are dirty, i.e., are they heavily soiled or not. If they are very dirty, then a stronger dose of detergent is required. If not, then check out the normal dose written at the back of the pack.
- You also need to consider if your water is hard or soft. If you have hard water, then liquid detergent will not foam properly. Thus, you will be needing more liquid detergent. On the other hand, if you are washing your clothes in soft water, then a small amount will also help in washing Detergent foaming in hard water is tough due to the minerals present in it.
- Liquid detergents come with a measuring tool that helps you in determining the amount of detergent you need for washing clothes.
It is often a misconception that the more detergent you use, the cleaner your clothes will be. Well, that’s not the case. Using too much detergent not only makes your clothes feel unpleasant, but it is also a waste of money. If you use more detergent, then it becomes very difficult to dissolve it. The soapy formula remains on clothes, thereby making them crisp and stiff.
Now, here arises one more question, i.e., which is the best kind of detergent? Well, we are often confused between liquid detergent and powder detergent. We think that both are the best but that’s not the case. Both powder and liquid detergents have their pros and cons. We can’t say which is the best between the two. But yes, there are certain points to consider for the two.
- Liquid Detergent
- Liquid Detergent is considered as an all-rounder.
- It dissolves in all conditions and is very easy to measure the right amount.
- It can also be used to pre-treat the clothes.
- For cold and quick washing of clothes, liquid detergents are the best.
- It is a bit more expensive than powder detergent.
- Powder Detergent
- They are known as the traditional form of detergent.
- They are cost-effective and budget-friendly.
- Powder detergents are hard to dissolve at cooler temperatures. Thus, if you want to have a quick wash cycle, then powder detergents are not of much use.
So, these are some of the points to be considered regarding liquid and powder detergents. Liquid detergents are considered much better than powder detergents because they are easily dissolved and make our clothes clean. There are a lot of liquid detergents available in the market. But it is hard to pick the best liquid detergent. Among many brands, you have to pick the best detergent.
Well, the thumb regarding selecting the liquid detergent is to have a look at the ingredients. See that the detergent you are selecting is free from phosphates and chlorine. Banish all alkaline elements in the detergent as they can make clothes dull and weaken the fabrics. Secondly, you can consider if the detergent works in all conditions or not. A liquid detergent will work in both hard and soft water. Thus, consider these two points and then decide which the best liquid detergent is. Select the best one and tell us about your experience.
- Where do you put the liquid detergent in a washing machine?
There is a detergent drawer present in every washing machine in which you can pour the liquid detergent. If you can’t locate the area, then it is best to refer to the instruction manual for further use.
- How do you use a liquid laundry detergent?
There are different ways of using laundry detergent. You can use the liquid detergent to pre-treat the stubborn stains. Then, you can add some liquid detergent to the washer and put your clothes in it. Place the dosing ball on top of the washer. Finally, select the temperature and wash cycle to wash the clothes.
- Do you put liquid detergent in before and after clothes?
If you have a top-loading machine, then it is best to fill your washer first. Then add liquid detergent and further add the clothes. This will help in the even distribution of detergent in water. Thus, put detergent first and then clothes.